[Sugar-devel] Error while setting up Dev Environment

Dinuka Tharangi Jayaweera tharangidinuka at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 09:03:23 EDT 2017

Hi Nikshubha,

I had the same issue when I was trying to run it on a virtual machine
(Ubuntu). But after going through logs, I found that the issue is with the
Python file. It tries to load the 4.0 version of WebKit2, but the system
fails to find it.

I overcame the issue as follows:

   - Go to:
   *sugar-build/build/out/install/lib/python2.7/site-packages/jarabe/view*
   - Open the file: *Viewhelp_webkit2.py*
   - Change the version number of WebKit2 to 3.0:
*gi.require_version('WebKit2',
   '3.0')*
   - Run it.

If you still stick with the issue, I hope this will help you to overcome
it.

Thanks,

Best Regards!
Dinuka Tharangi