[Sugar-devel] Outreachy - Going Beyond Equal Temperament in Music Blocks

Sachithra Dangalla sachithradangalla at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 04:58:17 EDT 2017

Thank you.

I came up with the following simple activity diagram(attachment 1) to
capture what happens when the user defines a temperament. By incorporating
the comments and Devin's mockups in the GitHub issue[1] I came up with a
mockup design for the widget (attachment 2). The widget will be initialized
with the default values as follows:

   - starting pitch: 256
   - octave: 4
   - 12 frequency blocks for each note with default ratio 1/1

I would like to hear your comments about them.

After defining the frequencies, the user has to trigger a "save the
configuration" is that so? How will the user save it?

An additional question: I used an image editing tool(PS) to get the
mockups, is there a better way to design mockups?

[1] - https://github.com/walterbender/musicblocks/issues/485

Regards,

*Sachithra Dangalla,*
Undergraduate B.Sc.Eng.(Hons.)