[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Separate Emails

Samson Goddy samsongoddy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 09:31:29 EDT 2017

On Mar 24, 2017 2:28 PM, "Laura Vargas" <laura at somosazucar.org> wrote:

> We can use any name as far as the address is AT sugarlabs Dot com.

I guess you meant DOT org, right?

Yes. Thanks

> So what i am saying. For example,
>
> samsongoddy at sugarlabs.org => iaep at list.sugarlabs.org
>
> Presuming that is the mail, is there any possibilities of
> iaep at list.sugarlabs.org to receive the mails from
> samsongoddy at sugarlabs.org?
>
> But if not we can still create it, select some few individuals that will
> be responsible for forwarding the mail to the lists.
>
> Samson

The idea of getting info requests from info AT sugarlabs DOT org directly
to the mailing list opposes to the nature and purpose of mailing lists,
which is to get subscribers involved in the conversations.

I guess the redesign of the Sugar Web site project will benefit from clear
communication strategies and channels for new visitors and subscribers.

Yes, also making it easier for newbies to communicate to the community.
Without stress of mailing list but also encourage them them to join the
list.

Samson

Regards,
Laura V

> On Mar 24, 2017 1:38 PM, "Sebastian Silva" <sebastian at fuentelibre.org>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Samson,
>
> I was hoping you'd get a constructive answer, so rather I'll try it.
>
> If I read you right you want email aliases for the following:
>
> info AT sugarlabs.org => iaep AT lists.sugarlabs.org
> systems AT sugarlabs => sugar-devel AT lists.sugarlabs.org
> For one thing I think they are very confusing, possibly even used (we have
> a systems list, for instance).
>
> More importantly, as Luke points out, our lists require that people
> subscribe first. It's impossible to subscribe without obtaining the list
> email. I could see the value of perhaps making aliases to abbreviate the
> (lists.) bit?
>

> On 19/03/17 20:04, Samson Goddy wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am requesting possible two email addresses for the social media
> accounts. I am proposing if we could have email accounts like "
> info at sugarlabs.org" that could be connected with iaep at lists.sugarlabs.org
> and "systems at sugarlabs.org" for "sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org".
>
>  Why? because most people don't really buy the idea about subscribing to
> mailing-lists first, before asking some important questions. I had  issues
> when handling questions thrown the SL twitter account, Tymon also had some
> similar issue on Facebook.
>

> BR
>
> Samson Goddy

Laura V.