[Sugar-devel] Sugarizer dev platform is now open

Lionel Laské lionel.laske at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 04:26:46 EDT 2017

You will not lost anything in your TurtleJS repo with copy/replace, it's
just that all TurtleJS contributions will be diluted once in Sugarizer
repo.
But you're right, credits are important it's why I give specific credits in
my announcements to all contributors when a new version is released.

Regarding submodules, here some issues I'm seeing:
- Some of my contributors never integrate my PR in their own activity so it
means that this activity will not work correctly if directly pointed as
submodule.
- Some of my contributors didn't create a specific repository for their
activities repository. They directly work on Sugarizer forks and put their
activities inside. So of course submodules will not work for these
contributions.
- Not everyone is familiar with git. Some of my contributors just get full
source to test Sugarizer and start contribution. I don't want to force
people to enter in git complexity (believe my or not I know people that
never heard of git ;-) to let them play or contribute to Sugarizer.

In theory, submodules could solve things if fully understand and well use
by everyone. But in theory I should have sent you PR to integrate changes
needs in TurtleJS for Sugarizer integration. So in theory we should not
have this discussion today :-)

          Lionel.