[Sugar-devel] GSOC: Interested in Internationalization and Localization

Mandy Wang wangmychn at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 11:03:32 EDT 2017

Hi,

I’m Mandy, I’m a senior student major in software engineering from
Shanghai Institute of Technology. I’m interested in the GSOC idea about
Internationalization and Localization.

I can use Python well because I always use it in my homework, the same
as the JavaScript. More importantly, I worked for GNOME Localization in
the Outreachy last round (You can see my blog at
https://mandywangblog.wordpress.com/tag/outreachy/), so I’m familiar
with the workflow of l10n and I have learned about the basic mechanism
of i18n during this internship, so I think I can do it well. At the same
time, I have glance over the “good starting point” links in the wiki, I
will learn them in the coming few days.

I hope the Internationalization and Localization of Sugar can be better,
because I have an 8-year-old sister and I want to use Sugar to introduce
Linux to her, you know, Sugar’s cute style is children’s cup of tea but
they can’t adapt to the foreign language well.

About this idea, I know the goal is to maintain the I18n infrastructure,
but could you please make a task list about it so that I can learn it
more clearly?

Thank you!
Mandy Wang