[Sugar-devel] Sugar Set up Crash

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Fri Mar 3 21:12:07 EST 2017

Hi Rajiv

Would you try yum install sugar or whatever the correct command is? I
understand that Sugar 0.110, the current supported release, is available
from Ubuntu.
So far I haven't been able to install Ubuntu 16 because of problems with
UEFI (usb stick won't boot even in legacy mode). However, I would like
to use Sugar on my regular laptop (currently 14.04 with Sugar) with
0.110 as a known base.

Personally, I think developing from a known release is much more
effective than working from an uncontrolled set of source modules. It
seems ironic that Sugar Labs uses github but does not apply version
control. Since Sugar and its activities are written in Python, it is
simple to do development from an installed Sugar.

Tony