[Sugar-devel] GSoC project- Sugar on Raspberry Pi image build

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Jul 10 00:09:59 EDT 2017

On Fri, Jul 07, 2017 at 04:25:19AM +0000, Rishabh Thaney wrote:
> [...]
> I will update the Debian/Raspberry_pi page with the method I used to
> add the automatic login feature. I basically configured the
> lightdm.conf file while the image was building, will share the
> configuration.

Thanks for writing it up.  I've rarely seen something done that way
before.  The method is not reproducible or scalable.  It could not be
left alone to complete the build.

Please write a shell script to make the change, and add the script to
your rpi23-gen-image repository so that the change happens
automatically during build.

rpi23-gen-image already has a set of these scripts, so you should
first make sure you understand how each script works; not just why it
exists, but also how it implements a change.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/