[Sugar-devel] [SLOBS] Google Summer of Code 2017

Lionel Laské lionel.laske at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 11:01:13 EST 2017

Hi all,

SugarLabs participation in GSoC is very important. Previous GSoC give me
lot of opportunities to improve Sugarizer activities/features in a very
impressive way. I don't have Sugarizer projects proposal for GSoC 2017 for
the moment but I will certainly have projects to submit.

BTW I think that we must be very cautious on:
- Project selection: one project is one token, i.e. one student working for
us during months. We can't lost a token opportunity for a project with few
interest or with few chance to go to its end. We should have an objective
view on project from last years: how many projects are really integrated
into Sugar/Sugarizer today ?
- Mentor selection: a mentor should be someone with experience on its
subject. He must perfectly know the project, the project goal and must have
a very good technical knowledge of its subject. So, sorry to say that not
everyone could be a mentor.

May be it could be interesting to imagine a sort of selection process for
projects, then for mentors.

Best regards for France.

        Lionel.