[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Services provided by Sugarlabs - Inventory - Maintainers

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Sun Feb 19 08:34:52 EST 2017

Hi Samuel,

Thanks for the inventory. Did you update the wiki
<http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Machine> as well? That's where I expect to
find this information, according to the Infrastructure team docs.

I'm adding some missing info below:

On 18/02/17 18:25, Samuel Cantero wrote:
> *Jita*:
>
>       o OS: Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS
>       o Maintainer: X.
>       o Services provided:
>           + network.sugarlabs.org <http://network.sugarlabs.org>,
>           + node.sugarlabs.org <http://node.sugarlabs.org> (are we
>             using this?) YES this is the API for
>             network.sugarlabs.org. Clients and web frontend use this.

Aleksey used to admin this host. I go in and fix issues when the
services above present problems, which are under active use by the XO
deployment in Peru.

I can step up to maintain if we can coordinate.

> *_Freedom_*
>
> 1. *OS*: Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS,
> 2. *Maintainers*: Bernie Innocenti, Sebastian Silva, Sam Parkinson and
> Samuel Cantero.
> 3. *Services:*

beacon <http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Machine/beacon> is a development
server that I admin. I also have /replicator/ which is a build vm that
is off and only activated when needed to build XO images.

> *_Sunjammer_*
> *_
> _*
> 1. *OS*: Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS,
> 2. *Maintainers*: Bernie Innocenti, Sebastian Silva, and Samuel Cantero.
> 3. *Services:*
>
>   * bitlbee

I restarted it but I know we're supposed to switch to something else...
which is?

>   * ejabberd

I guess this is used by Sugar clients when they look for their
neighboorhood at schoolserver.sugarlabs.org?