[Sugar-devel] [GSOC] an early introduction

Marcin Czarnecki marnczarnecki at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 04:13:22 EST 2017

Hello all,

I know it may be too early but I want to introduce myself anyways and maybe
get some help in getting started in contributing.

I am studying Computer Science at the University of Brighton (UK). I am
interested in participating in Google Summer of Code 2017 with Sugar Labs.
I am a web security and anonymity enthusiast, tried to work with the Tor
Project for GSoC 2016 but it did not work out.

I have been full stack web developer for past 4 years (prefer back-end)
love to focus on UX in any application. I have done projects for customers
as well as many of my own ones (learned a lot doing both). I have some
experience in Python programming but want to learn more. I feel confident
in PHP and the whole web stack. I enjoy UX and using cool JavaScript
functions in web apps.

I'd love to develop further on a last year project with git: "New Back-end
Server for Turtle Blocks and Music Blocks". I have 3 years of Linux
development and administration and feel confident in many server-side
tasks. During my internship I learned a lot, mostly monitoring, automation
and Linux admin.

Another relevant thing is that I used to attend my lecturer's charity
side-project where kids were learning about technology and programming so I
have some experience in that field.

If you have any questions:
email: marnczarnecki at gmail.com
github: marncz