[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Outreachy motion

Laura Vargas laura at somosazucar.org
Tue Feb 14 13:48:44 EST 2017

> Laura suggested [1] that I make a formal motion to the board regarding
> Sugar Labs participation in Outreachy. Here it is:
>
> Motion: Sugar Labs agrees to participate in Outreachy 14 in order to
> promote and support women and minority participation in FOSS projects. The
> cost would be $5500 for one internship. The funds would come from our
> general funds.

Adam,

Before board members get to vote on General Funds, can you please share the
current balance of the General Funds account?

Last meeting you mentioned Sugar Labs counts with ~US$80,983.40 in total,
still some percentage of that balance might still corresponds to the 2013
Trip Advisor grant.

Can you please specify.

Thank you and kind regards,

Laura Victoria

> If someone on the board seconds the motion, we can begin a vote.
>
> regards.
>
> -walter
>

> [1] http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/iaep/2017-February/019375.html
> --