[Sugar-devel] Outreachy

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 14:58:26 EDT 2017

I've been approached by Outreachy [1] regarding our potential participation
in the next round (this fall in the northern hemisphere). We are just
wrapping up our summer program with them, which coincided with Google
Summer of Code and I think the work accomplished by Prachi, our Outreachy
intern, was very good [2]. But it came at a price ($6500), which was
essential a wash, since we got $7000 from Google for our participation in
GCI. (I expect ~$4500 from the GSoC 2017 program). As you can see from the
schedule below, we have to move quickly on this, so you timely feedback
would be appreciated.

Outreach schedule
    September 7 - application period opens
    October 23 - contributions and applications are due
    November 9 - interns announced
    December 5, 2017 to March 5, 2018 - internship period.

regards.

-walter

--
Walter Bender
Sugar Labs

[1] https://www.outreachy.org
[2] https://medium.com/outreachy-diaries/outreachy-2017-3-67ee854ed246 (She
has not written up her final report yet.)
<http://www.sugarlabs.org>