[Sugar-devel] GCompris query

Utkarsh Tiwari iamutkarshtiwari at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 14:50:12 EDT 2017

Hi,

Having lately worked with GCompris, I think their migration from Gtk to
QtQuick was a great step towards upgrading their software with latest
resource efficient technologies. Their most of the recent work involves
porting their old Gtk(Python) based activities to QtQuick(QML + JS) to
improve both performance and visuals.

I don't think it's possible to run GCompris' Qt based activities inside our
Sugar environment. However, in Linux Qt apps can be run using 'qmlscene'
included in Qt5.

Regards,
Utkarsh Tiwari