[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] [SLOB] meeting reminder

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 12:55:55 EDT 2016

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 1:32 PM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> We have a Sugar Labs oversight board meeting tomorrow at 19UTC [1]. Please
> join us on irc.freenode.net #sugar-meeting
>
> Among other discussion topics:
>
> Report from the i18n manager;

I may not be available in person on IRC at that time.

here is a brief update on i18n activities.

1) Just FYI, no invoices have been submitted against the i18n
contract, to date, my work has been pro bono.

2) Recent progress has been made by Samson Goddy on Yoruba.
http://translate.sugarlabs.org/yo/  After a review of data quality
checks, and an opportunity for any needed corrections, Samson can
expect an invoice approval for Milestone 2.  Follow-up will be by
e-mail after the review is complete.

3) glibc (Linux) locales have been developed and/or submitted for
Awajun (agr_PE) Miskitu (miq_NI) and soon Guarani (gug_PE).

4)  Some interesting contacts via a Guarani localizer may lead to an
i18n proposal for Guarani possibly involving Paraguay Educa and PY
govt linguists.   We'll just have to see how it plays out over time,

cjl