[Sugar-devel] HttpError in ./osbuild pull

Ridhwanul Haque rhemon19 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 13:57:46 EST 2016

I am not sure if it is supported but I was trying to set up the dev
environment following
https://developer.sugarlabs.org/dev-environment.md.html, in Raspbian in
Raspberry Pi. But when I tried running ./osbuild pull I get the folloing
error :
Failed to download http://sunjammer.sugarlbas.org/~buildbot
/broot/last-armv6l-master
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/home/pi/Desktop/sugarlabs/sugar-build/build/out/sandbox-host/install/bin/broot",
line 5, in <module>
    main.main()
  File
"/home/pi/Desktop/sugarlabs/sugar-build/build/out/sandbox-host/install/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/broot/main.py",
line 80, in main
    if not cmd_function(options, other_args):
  File
"/home/pi/Desktop/sugarlabs/sugar-build/build/out/sandbox-host/install/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/broot/main.py",
line 40, in cmd_setup
    return root.setup()
  File
"/home/pi/Desktop/sugarlabs/sugar-build/build/out/sandbox-host/install/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/broot/root.py",
line 240, in setup
    if not self._download():
  File
"/home/pi/Desktop/sugarlabs/sugar-build/build/out/sandbox-host/install/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/broot/root.py",
line 281, in _download
    last = urllib2.urlopen(last_url).read().strip()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 127, in urlopen
    return _opener.open(url, data, timeout)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 407, in open
    response = meth(req, response)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 520, in http_response
    'http', request, response, code, msg, hdrs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 445, in error
    return self._call_chain(*args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 379, in _call_chain
    result = func(*args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 528, in http_error_default
    raise HTTPError(req.get_full_url(), code, msg, hdrs, fp)
urllib2.HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

I have seen that there were similar problems posted on lists.sugarlabs.org
but couldn't really find out the solution, and its also possible i missed
it out since it was very difficult to read it there. I have directly
followed the development document link that i shared, so if there was any
perquisite steps I have missed it out. Raspberry pi has already python in
it so dont think thats necessary to install, but if there is any other
library, it might not be there. So if I am supposed to do anything before
running the command "./osbuild pull" please let me know.And also if it is
not possible to set up in Raspbian, then where can I set up the dev
environment, is it possible in Mac?  I am sorry if I am repeating the
question, but I hope I will be getting some response.
Thank you in advance.