[Sugar-devel] The future of Sugar on XO-1s

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Mon May 30 02:00:43 EDT 2016

Hi, Dave

I am not sure I understand your reference to 'cheapest computers'. As
far as I can tell, the Raspberry Pi Zero is a scam. The pocketchip
illustrates
the problem with the Raspberry Pi. Once you add the components needed to
make a useful, deployable computer - the cost is greater than that of
an XO.

I have yet to see a computer on the market that offers the capabilities
of the XO for olpc deployments.

On a separate note. I looked at the Vision proposal. It certainly
deserves a close look. However, I tried to find out what are 'best
practices' only to
be shown a perfect example of very bad practice. I followed a series of
links only to find not one explained what a best practice is or who
decides on
what is 'best'. I hope we can do a better job of documentation than that.

Tony