[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Instant palette popdown - a usability improvement

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Thu May 26 06:58:13 EDT 2016

Hi Sam

I like the Google apps button on the Google main page and the menu
button at the far right of the Firefox toolbar. They show as a popup and
have
plenty of screen space for icons and larger font sizes. This could
support a design in which a left-click always causes an action and a
right-click is required
to open up the 'palette' This is done well on the standard toolbar.

On the Home View, for instance. I would prefer that left-clicking on the
icon launches the activity (new start). The tooltip shows the name of
the activity (and nothing else). A right-click can open a list of
instances available to be resumed. Using the Google or Firefox style,
the list of instances can look exactly like the corresponding entry in
the Journal.

Tony