[Sugar-devel] Issue tracking on Github?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed May 18 10:54:36 EDT 2016

On 18.05.2016, at 16:26, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On 18 May 2016 at 09:57, Tony Anderson <tony_anderson at usa.net <mailto:tony_anderson at usa.net>> wrote:
> Its an educational project. An example is https://github.com/ezequielpereira/Bridge <https://github.com/ezequielpereira/Bridge>. This version of the Bridge-activity was developed as part of GCI.
> The zip downloaded from github is named Bridge-master.zip. I copied the zip to an XO-1.75, unzipped, and ran setup.py dist_xo. The result was a
> proper xo bundle which installed and ran.
>
> Sounds good :)
>
> However, it failed to start: import error lib/box2d_32/_Box2D.so.
>
> Is that error a bug in the program?

More likely an intel / arm problem. The XO-1.75 needs ARMv7 binaries, while older XOs used x86. The activity bundle would have to include .so files for each supported architecture. I don’t think we ever extended the bundle structure to properly handle multi-arch, it was designed for platform-independent code like Python.

- Bert -