[Sugar-devel] Issue tracking on Github?

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Wed May 18 08:42:56 EDT 2016

On 18 May 2016 at 08:18, Tony Anderson <tony_anderson at usa.net> wrote:

> As I understand it, what you are trying to do is make github the place
> where Sugar activities are kept.

The source code for activities has traditionally lived on
http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects but this is going to be shut down this
year, because the software is no longer maintained and each week it becomes
a bigger and bigger liability; meanwhile many activities have already
naturally found a home to live in on Github.

> Currently, ASLO provides for upload of an
> activity (new or new version) as an xo bundle from the user's file system.

This should not be a manual process in 2016 :)

https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/deployment/

> Experience in the last GCI showed that the way Sugar activities are stored
> in GitHub is not compatible with the requirements of an xo bundle.
> For example, a Sugar activity must have a top-level folder with the name
> xxxxx.activity.

Please help me locate the discussion about this, the assertion Github
releases can't work with this requirement seems totally incorrect to me.

> By custom, the version is shown in the xo file name (e.g. helloweb-3.xo)
> and should match the version number given in activity.info. However, this
> requires an act by the developer and is not automatic.

I am very confident I can automate this.

> So I think some programming is required to release activities from github
> to ASLO and to update the ASLO developer hub to conform to the new
> requirements.

Sure! Its going to be great! :D

--
Cheers