[Sugar-devel] Sugar-On-The-Ground features

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Tue May 17 02:45:22 EDT 2016

Hi, Sebastian

The design assumption is a server using xsce6 (CentOS). Naturally, there
are
many ways to build a LAMP stack and large deployments such as Uruguay,
Peru,
and others may have their own solution (e.g. Rwanda has its own as well).

What I said was that Sugar and the school server form a system and, for
best
effect, must be designed to work together. Martin Langhoff designed such
a system
but the Sugar developers did not take advantage of the capability. I am
certainly not saying
that a Sugar deployment is not free to design their own.

If you want an rsync solution, that is what is currently implemented in
Sugar (although
James Cameron claims this is not part of Sugar). It is distributed in
the 13.2.5 release.

Remember, Sugar was intended to support deployment of OLPC where it was
reasonable to
expect that there were no other computers in the area and that a
deployment would have at
most one server.

Tony