[Sugar-devel] [GSOC] Font Editor Next Steps

Sam P. sam at sam.today
Mon May 16 17:07:07 EDT 2016

Lionel - we've already discussed this before.  Python is objectively better for every activity; Gtk+ is more stable, has more stability, creates better code quality and supports collaboration.

But for the font editor world, python has even more advantages.  There are tonnes of libraries for font editing and none of them are for the 'JavaScript' language.  They are for python.

I don't think it will ever be ported to sugarizer even.  Sugatizer is just cheap in comparison to the smooth and feature rich sugar environment.  Who wants to edit fonts in a browser?