[Sugar-devel] [GSOC] Font Editor Next Steps

Yash Agarwal agrwal.ysh94 at gmail.com
Mon May 16 05:35:25 EDT 2016

Hello all,

Here's my reply to Dave's Questions:

   1. How have you found the experience so far?
      1. Amazing, I come from a scientific computational background so
      working on something like this new to me, but it sure is interesting.
      2. I'm also not used to constant need of posting/reporting of tasks
      on a group, up till now my team-mates have been physically present in the
      lab. I'm getting the hang of this now and will be posting
regularly on the
      list.
   2. What did you like?
      1. I think that I am learning a lot(as there have a been a lot of
      firsts in this) and all the skills/knowledge I gather from this
      experience will help me out in my future endeavors.
      2. After the seeing the effort everyone is putting in (judging by the
      activity in my inbox and IRC), all for supporting a good cause, It feels
      good to be part of such a community and contribute something to it.
   3. What do you think can be done differently going forwards?
      1. We can start writing some actual code starting with the 3 Widgets
      Dave explained in his Blog Post
      <https://sugarlabs.github.io/edit-fonts-activity/irc-meeting-4> so
      that we can give to community something to try and comment on.
      2. I think multiple iterations like this are to way to go:
         1. discuss the UI/UX
         2. decide the one feature/widget you should code in
         3. release the bundle for the community to try
         4. list down the constructive inputs
         5. repeat

I am fine with the daily posting as suggested by Dave

   1. what we did today
   2. what we'll do tomorrow
   3. any questions for the team

I will answer these at the end of the day today
Looking forward to seeing you guys on HOA today!!

regards,
Yash