[Sugar-devel] [GSOC] Font Editor Next Steps

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Sun May 15 00:24:50 EDT 2016

Hi Yash, Eli, Harshita and sugar-devel

We're well into the GSOC community bonding period, so now is a good time to
do a review of ourselves. I guess a few quick/simple self evaluation
questions might be,

How have you found the experience so far?

What did you like?

What do you think can be done differently going forwards?

Do you have any questions for the rest of the team?

Here are my quick responses :)

> How have you found the experience so far?

Good! :) I think things are going a little slowly but I think its important
to spend time reading about the existing libraries/formats and this takes
time... :)

> What did you like?

I loved how you all have been really good about being present at the tri
weekly meetings we agreed!

> What do you think can be done differently going forwards?

I'd like to see more questions from you all, and to see more work in
progress, so to action that I'd like to request a short and simple blog
post (or email to this thread) with 3 simple things (3 lines :)

1. what we did today
2. what we'll do tomorrow
3. any questions for the team

Eg for me today,

1. I worked on the wiki gardening and learned a bit more about the UX
history of Sugar directly from Walter

2. I'll work on the wiki gardening more, and hope to be online in
#sugar-meeting 10am-3pm :) I have some more UX notes written on paper that
I'll snap photos of and post on the blog

3. Would you each be wililng to post a 3-liner like this every day you work
on the project as you are wrapping up the work-session? :)

(I also invite you to chat about anything you feel stuck about on the
#sugar channel, which isnt logged, or via IM (gmail chat), if you'd like to
ask about anything you wouldn't feel totally comfortable with logging on
#sugar-meeting :)

> Do you have any questions for the rest of the team?

Would you like to use Google Hangouts on Air for a weekly meeting, perhaps
Monday?

Cheers
Dave