[Sugar-devel] BlackDuck's OpenHub graph of Sugar

Sam Parkinson sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com
Mon May 9 05:22:11 EDT 2016

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 2:46 PM, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> https://www.openhub.net/p/sugar/commits/summary offers a graph of
> Sugar development activity that is a bit different to the one on
> Github, https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar/graphs/contributors
> although basically the same.
>
> What was the jump in activity around 2012/2013/2014, and why did it
> die down? :)

My guesses:

* OLPC AU funded much stuff.  They are now doing Android :'(
    - We really should reach out and get some reasons why they
switched.  What is Sugar lacking in?  Did your chat with Rangan go into
this area Dave?
* Manuq [1] seems to have moved on
* Daniel Narvaez [2] completely vanished.  I think some people tried to
reach out to him what was going on, but that didn't have any effect
    - We should continue his legacy and fix out testing infrastructure.
 He did amazing things to bring us up to speed with testing, CI servers
and osbuild

Thanks,
Sam

[1]  https://github.com/manuq