[Sugar-devel] Wanted: Record activity port to GStreamer 0.10

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Mar 31 22:28:55 EDT 2016

For the XO-1, the best possible is available now, there is no better.

But for the future of Sugar Labs, they should be concentrating on
later designs than one from 2007 that is no longer available and
rapidly dying from old age.

Unless this port is done, upcoming versions of Fedora and Ubuntu will
not have the Record activity.  Won't stop Sugar being usable, but will
be a sad outcome.

You're welcome to maintain a branch for "legacy" laptops, but at the
moment, we have an ENOPATCH scenario; no substantive fix.

James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/