[Sugar-devel] 2 Motions for Consideration 04/01/16

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 30 12:53:45 EDT 2016

Hi Folks…
I am presenting 2 proposals regarding the position of Treasurer (a position currently undefined and unfilled) for consideration at Friday's SLOBs meeting. One is an ammendment to the bylaws regarding the eligibility of the person serving in the position and the other is a separate motion dealing with the duties of said Treasurer and how financial matters would be handled going forward.
To see and comment or "tweak" these proposals, you can go to: https://docs.google.com/document/d/16jIFuZ9bX-Bv675BpA1KmcEcRcX4PRCOUEX0ICRUkOc/edit?usp=sharing
I will also attach a copy to this email, but to add your input, please go to Google Docs to do it so we can all see it. You will note that something has been left open intentionally under "Expenses" ($X). Comments and suggestions on this amount before the meeting would be a way to speed things up when the board actually considers the motion.
The main purpose of these motions is to clarify how finances will be handled in the future and to simplify and clarify  the procedure for requesting and disbursing funds for approved projects. The proposal submitted by Samson Goddy for a translation project in Nigeria is an excellent example of the kind of well crafted proposal that we would hope to see in the future with these motions added to the bylaws.
I also want to clarify that, under no circumstances do I wish to be considered for the position of Treasurer. I think it should be someone who has the time and energy to do it well!  I can think of several such people, but I will leave that to the SLOBs.
Caryl Bigenho
P.S. I have been without internet since Sunday (just had new service installed late yesterday) so I didn't send this until this morning.