[Sugar-devel] Proxy Settings Feature in the recent versions of sugar

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Mar 15 01:09:07 EDT 2016

Thanks, that's interesting.

Your /usr/bin/sugar (aka bin/sugar.in) will run gsettings many times,
and this is inefficient, causing unnecessary delay during startup.
Perhaps if you move this into src/jarabe/main.py which already uses
Gio.Settings?

You have worked on your master branch and the pull request is
associated with that branch.  That's unusual.  It is more common to
use a new branch with a name that explains the feature.  Make a note
of that for next time.

Your pull request has three commits; 09d363f, 682d0b2, 4fe1a2f.
Before merging, we will ask for these and later commits to be
collapsed, rebased, or re-written.  You may also combine and rewrite
the commit messages.  Then a push with --force will update the pull
request.

The http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Proxy_Settings page is on a
Wiki, and any change can be rolled back.

James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/