[Sugar-devel] List of activities on ASLO

Tony Anderson tony at olenepal.org
Mon Mar 14 20:26:22 EDT 2016

Hi, Chris

I have another script - download.py which uses a local folder - xo -
with copies of activities. It attempts to identify activities in ASLO
that are
new or have more recent versions -and download them. I need to work on
it because in many cases the most recent version of an activity is not
the one referenced by the ASLO page so I need to look at all of the
activities in an addon to find the highest-numbered version.

Once the xo directory has a copy of the most recent version of each
activity, I have another script that creates a spreadsheet by unzipping
each
activity to examine its activity.info file. Actually, the program
creates a csv which can be imported to calc. It is easy to add columns
such as the
bundle id.

Sadly there are several definitive attributes for an activity. One is
the 'addon' number, another in Sugar is the bundle id, and on ASLO, the
activity name.
They all should be in the spreadsheet.

I have several pressing issues at the moment including providing
workshops for three schools here in Palawan over the next two weeks.
I'll try to
get the other scripts completed as soon as I have the chance.

Tony