[Sugar-devel] GSOC 2016 query regarding project : Redesign and recreate Sugar Labs webappearance

Sam Parkinson sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 15:24:58 EST 2016

Hello,

I didn't write the project idea, but I did argue with lots with people
about the website before.

Really I think that it is not about how the website looks, it is about
how the users experience the website.  So right now, we have a website
with pictures right.  But we don't have easy tools to create
sugar-on-a-stick liveusbs.  We don't have any evil email stealing
things [1] that let's us put people through email series so that they
become engaged with Sugar a convert from a random teacher/student using
it to somebody involved in the community.  Maybe making a better native
app to do the sugar-on-a-stick creation, and creating an email
mini-course that we introduce people to sugar with could be a great
project?

Thanks,
Sam

[1]  https://www.mautic.org/