[Sugar-devel] Greetings SugarLabs Community : GSOC Queries

Vineet Purswani vineetcse813 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 16:21:47 EST 2016

Greetings SugarLabs Community,

My name is Vineet Purswani and I am a fourth year Computer Science MTech
Integrated student at IIT Kanpur, India. I am interested in knowing more
about a project listed on SugarLabs GSOC ideas page - *Covert Record,
Clock, Speak and Measure to gstreamer 1.0*

I have a great interest in Computer Systems, specifically operating
systems, computer architecture and cloud computing. I have worked on NACHOS
to test some of the scheduling algorithms, demand paging techniques,
implemented condition variables and semaphores. I did an architecture
project to get my hands on over cache hierarchy techniques and branch &
target predictors. I am currently working on Tizen OS, wherein I have
developed a transcoder to convert a mp4 video format to avi format using
gstreamer 1.0 api. I have a basic knowledge of compiler design, databases,
functional programming, machine learning and computer security as well. You
can find my work here: https://github.com/vineetpurswani

*Kindly guide me as to how do I start working on this idea? Which bug
fix/enhancement should I work on? Expectations in proposal?*
Kindly share any details that you would like to share or any questions that
you may have for me regarding this GSOC project.

Let me know what you think. Thanks a lot.

Yours Sincerely
Vineet Purswani
IIT Kanpur