[Sugar-devel] Update on SoaS spin in f24 final release

Thomas Gilliard satellitgo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 19:38:07 EDT 2016

I just had a irc  discussion with dgilmore re: SoaS spin:

<satellit> 14522162
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=14522162  looks like
SoaS replacement? (Fedora-SoaS-Live-x86_64-24-1.2.iso)
<satellit> works
<dgilmore> we can not ship SoaS
<dgilmore> we can likely work with websites to make a nightly available
somehow
<satellit> no way to give us a permanent link for this build? So I can
post it?
<satellit> anaconda has no timbucktu on it
<satellit> 24.13.7-1
<dgilmore> we can not use that build
<dgilmore> because it will look like it should have been part of the release
<dgilmore> It is very unfortunate. but there is a lot of metadata that
knows nothing about SoaS in the f24 release
<dgilmore> we would need to manually hack it all to update it
<dgilmore> and there is not the time to do so
<dgilmore> as we move into a more automated world its going to be even
harder to manually mess with things
<satellit> ok  I had hoped for something could be provided I have been
doing livemedia-creator builds and all work here
<dgilmore> We can likely do something as an unofficial thing
<dgilmore> websites would need to e onboard
<satellit> thanks....It installs fine as 2nd DE in cinnamon
<dgilmore> we can put a nightly in /pub/alt somewhere
<dgilmore> same for Design Suite
<satellit> thanks : )
<dgilmore> but its more up to websites than me
<satellit> hope the spin does not get dropped due to this...
<dgilmore> It will not be
<satellit> K thanks
<dgilmore> Jam_KDE will as it had broken deps
<satellit> FYI LMC I use is here:
https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Fedora_24#livemedia-creator
<dgilmore> :)
<dgilmore> fwiw, I wonder if we should not do offical live respins
monthly. Though that has other issues
<dgilmore> like retention and source matching
<dgilmore> as well as ensuring testing
<satellit> be great there is a sugar 0.109 (unstable I am testing atm...
<satellit> Hi Thomas,
<satellit> Thanks for testing!  The copr doesn't include activities
yet.  If any activity authors want their activities in the copr, please
send me tarballs (and probably send them to Peter Robinson as well so
that they get into rawhide).
<satellit> Thanks,
<satellit> Sam
<satellit> On 6 June 2016 8:02:12 AM AEST, Thomas Gilliard