[Sugar-devel] The future of Sugar on XO-1s

Laura Vargas laura at somosazucar.org
Fri Jun 10 18:00:38 EDT 2016

> It is also the case that many deployments are very slow to update Sugar.
> Some XO1s are still running versions using a version of the Sugar toolkit
> that has been deprecated for almost 8 years (This is specific to XO1s since
> this version of Sugar was never shipped even on XO1.5). I recently made the
> decision to no longer maintain updates for that toolkit for Turtle, as a
> way to ease some of the maintenance burden.
>
> -walter

I guess getting back to life the *Deployment Team* may help establish an
effective interaction cycle  among Sugar Labs Developers and Deployments
teams.

The main action needed to resuscitate the Deployment team is to create an
updated and complete "Deployment Contact List" for technical and
administrative contact.

I'm just not sure how to get this list done...

> On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 10:58 PM, <sam at sam.today> wrote:
>
>> Well, the XO1.75 and XO4 are arm.  And aren't all ARM devices special
>> snowflakes that need more kernel patches than even Ubuntu would slap on Gtk?
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 12:34 PM, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 29 May 2016 at 22:02, Sam P. <sam at sam.today> wrote:
>>
>> Supporting XO1s is more than just performance though. XOs don't run
>> normal, up to date versions of fedora.
>>
>> Why is this?

> Walter Bender
> Sugar Labs