[Sugar-devel] The future of Sugar on XO-1s

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 03:15:10 EDT 2016

It is also the case that many deployments are very slow to update Sugar.
Some XO1s are still running versions using a version of the Sugar toolkit
that has been deprecated for almost 8 years (This is specific to XO1s since
this version of Sugar was never shipped even on XO1.5). I recently made the
decision to no longer maintain updates for that toolkit for Turtle, as a
way to ease some of the maintenance burden.

-walter

On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 10:58 PM, <sam at sam.today> wrote:

> Well, the XO1.75 and XO4 are arm.  And aren't all ARM devices special
> snowflakes that need more kernel patches than even Ubuntu would slap on Gtk?
>
> On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 12:34 PM, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:
>
> On 29 May 2016 at 22:02, Sam P. <sam at sam.today> wrote:
>
> Supporting XO1s is more than just performance though. XOs don't run
> normal, up to date versions of fedora.
>
> Why is this?

Walter Bender
Sugar Labs