[Sugar-devel] [SLOB] Motion (2 of 2) Sugar Labs donation

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Sat Jun 4 13:33:04 EDT 2016

Hi

On 4 June 2016 at 07:33, Tony Anderson <tony_anderson at usa.net> wrote:

If the donation is voluntary, much of the verbiage is not needed.

The verbiage is needed to address the concerns of other board members that
it is indeed voluntary :)

> I am particularly  concerned about asking for a donation and that the
> donor justify the amount of the donation based on income.

Great! Please suggest changes to the text, so that if the motion fails, a
new motion can be posted with language that you are happy with.

The draft text has been available since May 12 and I have made multiple
requests for such suggestions. Here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CPQRFvCwj-Az79PB3Y85aK8Pv5Sl1EODs07m9phAS5U/edit

> I have no problem with a request for donation with a goal for the total
> amount needed for some goal (e.g. $4000 for operating expenses).

Cool!

> We need a simple on-line method for donations. Sending a letter with a
> check to the Software Conservancy seems a bit behind current practice.

I agree, but the motion says nothing about how donations will be made, so
that should not prevent the motion from passing.

--
Cheers
Dave