[Sugar-devel] [SLOB] Motion (1 of 2) GSoC Stipends

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Sat Jun 4 10:08:30 EDT 2016

On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 9:36 AM, Tony Anderson <tony_anderson at usa.net> wrote:

> I second the motion and approve it.

I hope we all work together to find a way to compromise, but in any case my
opinion is already well-known, as stated a month ago:

Mentors/tutors/teachers are insufficiently recognized, just like the
Mentoring organization is insufficiently recognized.

My personal belief is that *both* need to be recognized far more, likely
starting equally with a 50/50 split or some such/similar distribution of
funds, inspired by Lionel Laske's thoughtful articulation of the many
social infrastructure / accounting infrastructure / mentoring
infrastructure / constructionist infrastructure investments OLPC France has
very successfully achieved.  Among many other organizational
infrastructures (technology and non-technology community tools)
backstopping the lives of volunteer-community-hackers-of-all-kind
increasingly far easier, as we can do too!  Underlying a much stronger
future for all~

Tony