[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Name object on Activity exit revisited

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 07:59:44 EDT 2016

Tony,

Is there a feature page associated with all of these changes. I am having
trouble following it all.

FWIW, I am very much in favor of encouraging reflection of any sort -- even
simply naming an entry -- upon closing an activity. And I could live with
the idea of discarding an entry if the user chooses to at exit for an
unnamed entry. But I guess I need to understand the details of the
interaction.

As far as support for multiple users, there are some questions about the
usecase I have: for example, do the students typically do a reboot in
between, or just hand off the machine?

-walter

On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 3:01 AM, Sebastian Silva <sebastian at fuentelibre.org>
wrote:

> El 03/06/16 a las 01:52, Tony Anderson escribió:
> > I am not proposing to re-enable that feature. The purpose is to enable
> > the user to provide a title for the Journal object.
> Maybe I misunderstood. Isn't that what the name-your-journal-entry on
> exit dialog used to do?
>
> > Why are we not using the alert which Utkarsh has implemented for the
> fiddle save? It works. It looks good. He has the code in hand.
>
> If the purpose is the same - then - is Utkarsh's implementation better
> looking? More functional? Or does it have a different purpose?

Walter Bender
Sugar Labs
http://www.sugarlabs.org
<http://www.sugarlabs.org>