[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Name object on Activity exit revisited

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Fri Jun 3 03:01:55 EDT 2016

Hi, Walter

Again I am being careless in writing. My apologies.

The purpose in giving the user the option to use the alt key with a
default of always starting new is that the current scheme requires
additional instruction
to sugar users to explain that they must look at the palette to decide
which activity to launch. I strongly preferred the original design in
which a click on the icon in the Home View started the activity new and
a click on the icon in the Journal resumed that instance. If all Journal
objects have unique names supplied by the user, it will be very easy for
the user to select an activity instance to launch.

I appreciate that some Sugar users prefer the current default behavior.
I think this should be implemented with a configuration option to make the
default behavior as it is now with the alt button pressed or to make
behave as it does now.

Tony