[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Re: PR comments on 'Save as

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Mon Jul 11 10:56:24 EDT 2016

> On 11 Jul 2016, at 15:44, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:
>

>> On 11 July 2016 at 10:40, Tony Anderson <tony_anderson at usa.net> wrote:
>> I prefer 'Untitled' as it supports the intent of the alert - to request the user to supply a title.
>
> I also prefer Untitled, although I'm curious to hear why "xxx Activity" would be better.

Actually, 500 "Untitled"s are so much worse than 5 sets of 100 "Foo.activity", because (in my limited experience) kids who can read know that "Speak activity" is different than "Write activity".

There are literally over a hundred emails about this design decision years back - it was not done lightly. I didn't even participate and I was exhausted by the debate.

Martin