[Sugar-devel] [GSOC] Font Editor Next Steps

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Wed Jul 6 09:24:33 EDT 2016

On 6 July 2016 at 05:32, Yash Agarwal <agrwal.ysh94 at gmail.com> wrote:

> There were some issues with my Harddrive and I had to get it changed (it
> wasn't a software issue)
> Everything is working fine now and I'll be working again from today

Okay great! I guess the HD hardware failure caused the Ubuntu problem. I
hope you didn't lose any data this time either! XD

> I've made the week 6 report here

This looks great for 1.0!! :D

> What I plan to do today?
> I'm working on adding the remaining features required for the minimum
> viable product:
> 1. a feature to add contours

To simplify the add contours part, let's forget curves for now, and just
allow for straight lines only.

> 2. a feature to add glyphs

Please forget about adding arbitrary new glyphs for 1.0.

Once the user can add straight line contours, the user can make a new
font, draw a some squarish letters in a monospaced design, and export it,
and activate it, and then use their font in the write activity.

Once that works, I suggest to halt writing new code and work on the .xo
packaging so we can start user testing.

While Eli and I do user testing, I suggest you work on the code
documentation, and the travis build checking, and other 'non code'
development tasks.