[Sugar-devel] [GSOC] Font Editor Next Steps

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Sun Jul 3 07:39:06 EDT 2016

Hi, Sam

I don't see any relevance to a package manager for an installed Sugar
system. One of Sugar's major benefits is that users can modify the
source of any file and immediately see the consequences. Any user who
can open the Terminal activity can type 'sudo rm -rf' to great effect.

If we are going to introduce users to creating and editing fonts they
need to learn CRUD (Create, read, update, delete). Naturally, the editor
can caution about the effect of modifying or deleting system fonts (and
probably identifying them). Hopefully, our user will be able to make her
font the system font.

Tony