[Sugar-devel] Language Control Panel

Sam Parkinson sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 06:42:38 EDT 2016

Hi Tony,

While I am not a Debian/Ubuntu person, I was under the impression that
languages worked differently in their distro.  The Debian way is to
delete all the un-used languages when you install a package - so if
your computer is in English, it will delete all the other languages.

Dari and Guarani are special cases.  They are handled directly by
Sugar, rather than glib.  Therefore, they are not impacted by Debian's
policy.

If you want to have all the languages installed, try running Sugar on a
Fedora distro.  Sugar runs great on Fedora 24 - it includes all the
languages out of the box.

Thanks,
Sam