[Sugar-devel] Download Manager ProgressBar [DESIGN]

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Jan 26 16:19:01 EST 2016

Thanks for working on this.

Our Sugar human interface guidelines and existing code base don't have
decorated floating windows or window management.  Your proposal would
not scale to multiple downloads.

You might ask for design suggestions on this mailing list.

I've resisted making design suggestions on this problem because I
don't want to constrain the good ideas that may come up.

To get the design conversation started ...

When the first download begins, show a button at the top between the
URL entry box and the back button.

The button to be a blend of ProgressIcon and ToolButton, with the
progress fill to show average progress of all downloads.

When the button is pressed a download tab is to be shown in the
canvas, which lists downloads and progress.

The download tab can be closed like any other tab.

The button is to be be hidden before any downloads are started, shown
on start of first download, and only hidden if the download tab is
closed when there are no downloads still active.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 06:08:32PM +0530, Utkarsh Tiwari wrote:
> Hi,
>
>      I am trying to integrate the "Download ProgressBar" in the download
> manager. Here is the screenshot of the prototype on which I am currently
> working -> [1]http://imgur.com/WUJL8eX
>
> Since the download progress bar is popping over the browse activity, is it
> feasible?
>
> regards,
> Utkarsh Tiwari

> [1] http://imgur.com/WUJL8eX