[Sugar-devel] Browse as a GSoC 2016 Project

Sam P. sam at sam.today
Wed Feb 24 15:15:31 EST 2016

Hi Utakarsh,

I am not familiar with Richa's project, however maybe you could look into
surfacing the WebInspector provided by webkitgtk+ in your ui?  It is a
pretty standard web inspector, and is used by Epiphany (GNOME Web) and
Safari.  See the WebKit2 api for this [1].

Maybe another feature to evaluate is annotations?   Browse currently has
the consept of bookmarking (adding a site to the bottom bar) and saving it
in the journal.  However it could be very helpful for researching users to
be able to annotate the page and save that in the bookmark.  The Microsoft
Edge browser has a similar feature, although doesn't intergrate with their
bookmarking system (which is very different from ours anyway) and seems to
rely on annotating a png screenshot of the webpage rather than the actual
page.

Thanks,
Sam

[1]