[Sugar-devel] Fwd: Call to retire gstreamer-0.10

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 17:49:25 EST 2016

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 10:45 PM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have never been able to figure out how to get samples from GS1.0 the way I
> get them from GS0.1 so I never updated measure. Any tips most welcome.
>
> I did have a GS1.0 version of Record kicking around at one point but it
> didn't take advantage of some OLPC XO features so it was never accepted. I
> can try to resurrect that code.

Well we're in a situation where we're likely better to move them with
slightly less functionality and actually ship them than have them be
dropped altogether. It would be useful to document though what the
missing functionality is. I suspect some of it might just come out of
the box with some of the newer gst 1 functionality though.

Peter