[Sugar-devel] Screenshot of gnome desktop (OLPC OS)

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Thu Apr 28 21:04:59 EDT 2016

I received a communication from Rwanda asking how to take a screenshot
on the gnome desktop for an XO.

Natuarally, alt-1 doesn't work. The normal printscreen does not have a
corresponding button on the XO. The
standard 'screenshot' utility is not installed (13.2.5).

In our current regime, this does not appear to be in the scope of Sugar
but a part of the OLPC OS. AFIK, there is no
established way to request features from OLPC.

The only workarounds I could think of were
     (a) run a Gnome program from Sugar Terminal and use alt-1 or
     (b) take a digital photo of the screen.

Tony