[Sugar-devel] Sugar On Broadway?

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Tue Apr 26 15:36:08 EDT 2016

El 26/04/16 a las 14:28, Dave Crossland escribió:
> I wonder if anyone has tried running Sugar under broadway?

I think this could be low hanging fruit. GTK3 python apps work well
enough. And recently I submitted a patch decoupling sugar-toolkit-gtk3
from the Sugar shell (making the shell optional) - it is waiting to be
merged.

So I tried to run activities yesterday with broadway backend and failed
with a segmentation fault. From a quick trace, it appears SugarExt would
need to be decoupled as well for this to work. But I think it could be
made to work for activities that rely on GTK3 only (many).

I posted this idea to the
https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Code/2016 but we got not student
proposals for it.

Regards,