[Sugar-devel] Font Editor Activity || GSoC 2016

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Mon Apr 25 01:13:01 EDT 2016

Clearly all of the software and experience of the last 50 years is
similarly of no value. Vive iPhone, the computer of the ages ;)

I am impressed by the focus on programming techniques for the 'wrapper'
- be it python, javascript, java, C, Fortran. This is a very difficult
technical application. The goals of this project: to provide a font
editor for Sugar which can be used to introduce learners to type style
and the traditions and conventions of typesetters is ambitious.

The argument for javascript is that an application can be developed that
will be usable on both Sugarizer (Android) and Sugar.

I really doubt that 1% of the code would change moving from a Sugarizer
environment to a freestanding web application.

Tony