[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] [BROWSE] - Toolbar Expansion and Fiddler Integrations

Sam Parkinson sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 07:52:40 EDT 2016

Hi Utkarsh,

I think that the sugar-intergration of this application has nothing to
do with the toolbars.

The idea of a JSFiddle style activity is very powerful.  But squeezing
it inside of the browser is not powerful.  You loose the saving,
collab, journaling, etc.

Maybe you could look at making it into a separate activity.  You could
python and GtkSourceView, then easily add collaboration via
CollabWrapper (see how Pippy uses the text buffer helpers from the
collabwrapper).  That would also let it save the journal, have nice
toolbars, etc.  If it is in python, you could integrate it with some
css/html preprocessors, eg. python-scss.  It could be amazing, and save
to the journal!

You could even then add more buttons to the toolbar then.  Eg, ""auto
reload"", a button to browse examples, or even a site like codepen, etc.

Thanks,
Sam