[Sugar-devel] Vision

Sam Parkinson sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 00:43:48 EDT 2016

On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 12:53 PM, Tony Anderson <tony_anderson at usa.net>
wrote:
> Hi, Dave
>
> I couldn't agree more. I offered to help support a test James
> requested. His response was an attack on me. It is really hard to
> keep focus on the
> positive underlying discussions. Again, I should have applied the
> 24hour rule. I apologize.

Tony, you should apply the 24 hour rule again before you call James's
response an "attack".

Anyway, I think that James was trying to inform you about the wonder
that is a patch.  Creating, uploading, dowloading and imaging is a hard
thing.  Applying a patch is something that can be done with "curl" and
then "patch -p1" or the similar.  If you want to be even fancier, you
can build and distribute an rpm.  I don't know too much about
deployments, but if running a command is harder than installing an
image, I think you might want to investigate some better tooling.

Thanks,
Sam