[Sugar-devel] Vision

Justin Overton justin at polymath.ninja
Tue Apr 19 21:30:20 EDT 2016

I have some questio s about the vision of sugar after reading another
thread about the conference.

I like the idea of sugar as a platform, but I'm curious about how tied it
is to OLPC hardware. Is there a larger vision to create a platform that can
be used in a more widespread fashion? I discovered this project after
getting tired of all the freemium apps that trick my young kids into buying
things.

I love the idea of sugar, but it's been around a while and the it still
seems a bit esoteric. I'd be more than happy to start cranking out code if
I can see the bigger picture.

In the meantime I'm trying to find a way to target sugar and Android
without duplicating core logic.